Triple P – Positive Parenting Program ®
What is Triple P?
Triple P – Positive Parenting Program® is one of the world’s most effective parenting programs. Triple P works by giving parents the skills to raise confident, healthy children and teenagers, and to build stronger family relationships. It also helps parents manage misbehavior and prevent problems occurring in the first place. But it doesn’t tell people how to parent. Rather, it gives them simple and practical strategies they can adapt to suit their own values, beliefs and needs.
What is Group Teen Triple P?
A broad-based parenting intervention that is:
- delivered over 8 weeks
- for parents of 12-16 year-olds interested in promoting their pre-teen/teenager’s development and potential
- for parents who wish to address concerns about their teenager’s behavior
The program involves:
- five (2-hour) group sessions for up to 12 parents
- Three individual sessions (between 15-30 minutes) with the Triple P instructor
- active participation in range of exercises to learn about
- influences on adolescent behavior
- setting specific goals
- using strategies to promote a teenager’s skills development, manage inappropriate behavior, and teach emotional self-regulation
- how to plan around risk-taking behavior and risky situations.
Who can sign up?
Parents or caregivers who:
- have concerns about their teen’s mild to moderate level behavioral problems
- wish to prevent behavioral problems from developing
- have completed lower level interventions and have not achieved the goals
- can commit to all eight sessions.
Find a Class
TCC and the City of Tempe partner to bring together their Triple P specialists and classes to offer one-stop place to find classes for parents with children of all ages.
Sandi Cimino – TCC Triple P Specialist | firstname.lastname@example.org